Shocking: Apple's 2.5GHz 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display now just $1,349.00On the heels of Apple's MacBook Pro with Retina display price cuts earlier this week, the company's channel partners continue to shave down the cost of acquiring one of the flagship notebooks, with the entry-level 13-inch model now selling for just $1,349 — a $350 discount that places it below the cost of some 13-inch MacBook Airs.
Apple Authorized Reseller MacConnection tipped AppleInsider — and our price guides reflect — that it's now selling the 2.5GHz 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display, 8GB of memory and a 128GB solid state flash drive for just $1,349. That's $50 less than the Apple's MSRP on the 1.8GHz 13-inch MacBook Air with 256GB of solid state storage, a $350 discount to its original MSRP of $1,699, and the absolute lowest price we've ever seen for Retina-display enabled MacBook Pro.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- macOS Sierra beta points to future Macs equipped with 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2
- Inside Apple's 2016 MacBook Pro: USB-C and Thunderbolt 3
- Redesigned, ultra-thin MacBook Pro with AMD GPU not expected to debut at 'iPhone 7' event Sept. 7
- Anticipated MacBook Pro redesign boosting profits for Apple hinge manufacturer
- Rumor: Apple to adopt USB Type-C in another upcoming MacBook, whether it's Pro or Air