Shocking: Apple's 2.5GHz 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display now just $1,349.00On the heels of Apple's MacBook Pro with Retina display price cuts earlier this week, the company's channel partners continue to shave down the cost of acquiring one of the flagship notebooks, with the entry-level 13-inch model now selling for just $1,349 — a $350 discount that places it below the cost of some 13-inch MacBook Airs.
Apple Authorized Reseller MacConnection tipped AppleInsider — and our price guides reflect — that it's now selling the 2.5GHz 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display, 8GB of memory and a 128GB solid state flash drive for just $1,349. That's $50 less than the Apple's MSRP on the 1.8GHz 13-inch MacBook Air with 256GB of solid state storage, a $350 discount to its original MSRP of $1,699, and the absolute lowest price we've ever seen for Retina-display enabled MacBook Pro.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- Apple to adopt AMD's new Polaris graphics chips in upcoming Macs - report
- Rumor: Ultrathin MacBook update coming in second half of 2016, will feature redesigned hinge
- Macs may go even longer between revamps as Intel kills tick-tock
- MacBook stocks dwindle as rumor pegs new 13" & 15" models for second quarter 2016 launch
- Apple's 2010 15- & 17-inch MacBook Pros, 2009 Xserve become 'vintage'