We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
iCloud authentication down for some after OS X 10.8.3 rollout [u]Users of Apple's iCloud, which provides a single login for a number of services including Mail and Messages, are seeing authentication errors, with the problem coming just minutes before the company released the latest OS X 10.8.3 update.
Update: As of 3:02 Pacific, the iCloud login issue has been resolved.
iCloud System Status (timeline shown in HST). | Source: Apple
According to Apple's System Status webpage, the iCloud issues began a little before 2 p.m. Pacific, a few minutes before the company released the latest Mountain Lion update.
The problem, which manifests itself as a password or user ID error, is limited to iCloud's Account and Sign In feature, which could affect user access to other services like Messages. Apple notes that all other iCloud assets operating normally, meaning that users who are able to authenticate their accounts with the attached services will go unaffected.
From the Status Webpage:
Users may incorrectly receive an authentication error when attempting to use iCloud. Setting up a new iCloud account from an eligible device may be temporarily unavailable.
It is unclear if the iCloud problems are related to the OS X release, and Apple has yet to offer additional information regarding the matter.
On Topic: General
- Second man pleads gulity in 'Celebgate' hacks of iCloud & Gmail accounts
- Apple to house 1,400 employees at London's restored Battersea Power Station starting in 2021
- First look: DJI touts Mavic Pro drone's compact design, spotlights continued partnership with Apple
- DJI launches ultraportable iOS-connected Mavic Pro camera drone for $999
- Apple patents laser mapping system, hybrid mechanical-capacitive keyboard, invisible I/O connectors