New Chevrolet Sonic ad touts Siri Eyes Free integrationJust over a month after its first models with Siri built in became available, Chevrolet has begun touting the compatibility with Apple's digital assistant in a new ad campaign featuring the iOS eyes free feature.
In a possible nod to Apple's signature minimalist design, the 30-second spot shows a white Chevrolet Sonic being driven around a virtually all-white space, the driver interacting with Siri by pressing a steering wheel-mounted button that activates the iOS digital assistant.
Chevy's Sonic integrates with Apple's Siri by way of Chevrolet MyLink, an infotainment system that brings a user's smartphone capabilities into alignment with the vehicle. With Siri and MyLink working in concert, users can make voice-activated, hands-free calls to iPhone contacts, play songs from their iTunes libraries, listen to and compose texts and iMessages, and access Calendar functions.
Chevy is the first automaker to bring Siri Eyes Free integration to market. Along with the Sonic, Chevrolet is also rolling out the Spark, another model with Siri built in. Both cars will feature the steering wheel button that activates Siri, allowing users to interact with an iPhone without looking down to see responses.
In addition to Chevy, nine other automakers have pledged to integrate Siri Eyes Free functionality into some of their models. Those include BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Land Rover, Toyota, Jaguar, Audi, and Honda.
On Topic: iPhone
- Leaked Foxconn document backs 12MP camera, 2GB of RAM for 'iPhone 6s'
- Judge approves $50 million settlement from Sprint for phone bill cramming
- Olloclip introduces Studio camera case & accessories for iPhone 6 & 6 Plus
- Apple could eschew plastic back for new metal case with 'iPhone 6c,' rumor says
- Photos of alleged 'iPhone 6s' chassis show revised internal layout, unchanged external design [u]