Trailer offers first glimpse at Steve Jobs biopic from 'Funny or Die'The teaser trailer for the "Funny or Die"-produced parody Steve biopic, "iSteve," has appeared online, offering a first look at Justin Long in the title role.
Billing itself as "The first Steve Jobs movie," "iSteve" is slated for an April 15 online release. The project, announced in March, will be Funny or Die's longest project to date, clocking in between 60 and 75 minutes.
The short film will star Justin Long, former Apple stand-in for the company's "Mac vs. PC" commercial campaign, as Steve Jobs. James Urbaniak is said to play Bill Gates, with Michaela Watkins as Melinda gates and Jorge Garcia as Steve Wozniak.
The trailer skewers the tech visionary image of Jobs and the messianism of the Apple movement. The creative team behind it assures that it is not meant to be taken seriously.
"In true Internet fashion, its not based on very thorough research essentially a cursory look at the Steve Jobs Wikipedia page," Perez said. "Its very silly. But it looks at his whole life."
"iSteve" will debut on Funny or Die on April 15.
On Topic: General
- First look: Fitbit Charge HR fitness band with real-time heart rate sensor
- Google announces 40 new third-party integrations for Siri competitor Google Now
- Apple's new Chongqing store shown off in photos ahead of Saturday opening
- AppleInsider's official podcast kicks off with analysis of the week's top Apple stories
- Apple, Google & Amazon settle with Italian government over 'misleading' free apps with in-app purchases