Avid announces Pro Tools 11 and Media Composer 7 for Mac & PCAvid on Monday announced the launch of Pro Tools 11, as well as a range of new solutions for audio-editing professionals, including a two new audio portable audio interfaces that provide high-quality I/O for iOS devices.
Avid's new Pro Tools 11 brings new high-powered audio and video engines, 64-bit architecture, expanded metering, and direct HD video workflows. The new software allows for bigger, more complex sessions and ultra-low latency record monitoring without plug-in performance taking a hit. Pro Tools 11 will be available as a complimentary upgrade for users that buy, upgrade, or crossgrade to Pro Tools 10 on or after April 7.
In addition to the new version of Pro Tools, Avid introduced Avid Fast Track Solo and Duo. These two devices are portable studio-grade USB audio interfaces allowing users to turn Macs, PCs, and iPads into complete songwriting and music recording systems. The Fast Track Duo has dual mic preamps/instrument inputs, line-level inputs, and pro Tools express software. The Fast Track Solo features a single mic preamp, an instrument input, and Pro Tools Express software.
The Fast Track Solo will retail for $179, while the Fast Track Duo will sell for $299. Pro Tools 11 will sell for $700.
Avid announced a number of other new offerings, including Avid Media Composer 7 and Motion Graphics 2.5. The company also announced the availability of new Interplay Production solutions, including Interplay Production 3.0, Interplay Pulse, and Avid AirSpeed 5000 2.5.
On Topic: Software
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 14 for Mac with new tools
- Parallels Desktop 11 launches with support for El Capitan, Windows 10, Cortana and more
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 13 for Mac with new editing tools