Apple seeds OS X 10.8.4 beta build 12E33a to developersApple on Wednesday seeded build 12E33a of OS X 10.8.4 maintenance update to developers, with the latest beta coming a little over one week after the build 12E30 went out for testing in early April.
Mountain Lion's latest build comes with no known issues and once again asks testers to focus on Wi-Fi, Graphics Drivers and Safari.
In the last beta build 12E30, code was discovered mentioning the 802.11ac "Gigabit" wireless protocol, suggesting that Apple could be making preparations to launch compatible hardware in the near future.
Wednesday's release is the third beta build release for OS X 10.8.4. Developers can access the most recent seed through the Mac App Store's Software Update mechanism, a feature first seen with the OS X 10.8.3 beta builds.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Active OS X 10.10 zero-day exploit installs malware without need for system passwords
- Apple issues sixth beta of OS X El Capitan to developers
- Macs vulnerable to same remote firmware exploits as Windows PCs, researchers find
- Apple seeds second OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite beta to developers with minor changes
- Apple provides public beta testers with third build of OS X 10.11 El Capitan