Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 02:47 pm PT (05:47 pm ET)
Apple seeds OS X 10.8.4 beta build 12E33a to developersApple on Wednesday seeded build 12E33a of OS X 10.8.4 maintenance update to developers, with the latest beta coming a little over one week after the build 12E30 went out for testing in early April.
Mountain Lion's latest build comes with no known issues and once again asks testers to focus on Wi-Fi, Graphics Drivers and Safari.
In the last beta build 12E30, code was discovered mentioning the 802.11ac "Gigabit" wireless protocol, suggesting that Apple could be making preparations to launch compatible hardware in the near future.
Wednesday's release is the third beta build release for OS X 10.8.4. Developers can access the most recent seed through the Mac App Store's Software Update mechanism, a feature first seen with the OS X 10.8.3 beta builds.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Microsoft to release long-awaited Office for Mac update in 2014 - report
- Apple to enable pixel-doubled 'Retina' mode for 4K monitors in OS X 10.9.3
- Apple issues first OS X 10.9.3 beta, asks developers to focus on graphics and audio
- Apple issues OS X Server 3.1 Preview beta with added supervised devices support
- Mac owners report OS X 10.9.2 update breaks AirPlay functionality