Apple now offering refurbished Apple TV for $75The Apple TV set-top box may be a bit more attractive to some buyers, as a refurbished version of the device is now available direct from Apple for just $75, knocking 25 percent off the price of a new model.
The price drop could reflect Apple's reaction to Google's salvo against the Apple TV, which currently rules the roost among streaming devices. The refurbished model is now just over twice the price of Google's Chromecast, but it also comes with a 1-year Apple warranty and a much wider feature set than Google's streaming device.
Most recently, Apple added iTunes music purchasing to its set-top box, and a number of video apps have added AirPlay streaming capabilities over the last few months. Also, users may soon be able to use a touch to configure option to automatically set up their Apple TV devices in the near future.
Inside, the refurbished model has an Apple A5 processor, and it is compatible with high-definition televisions with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz. It can be purchased directly from Apple, with the refurbished device shipping within 24 hours. Depending on a customer's location, it may also be available for in-store pickup.
On Topic: Apple TV
- CBS launches new Apple TV-exclusive news app with Siri voice search
- BitTorrent Now streaming app launches for Apple TV, iOS
- Eddy Cue: Apple not trying to compete with Netflix or Comcast, seeking to be a delivery platform instead
- Apple TV adds Comedy Central, MTV and VH1 shows to universal search
- Apple TV Remote app beta for iPhone gains new game controller mode