Apple now offering refurbished Apple TV for $75The Apple TV set-top box may be a bit more attractive to some buyers, as a refurbished version of the device is now available direct from Apple for just $75, knocking 25 percent off the price of a new model.
The price drop could reflect Apple's reaction to Google's salvo against the Apple TV, which currently rules the roost among streaming devices. The refurbished model is now just over twice the price of Google's Chromecast, but it also comes with a 1-year Apple warranty and a much wider feature set than Google's streaming device.
Most recently, Apple added iTunes music purchasing to its set-top box, and a number of video apps have added AirPlay streaming capabilities over the last few months. Also, users may soon be able to use a touch to configure option to automatically set up their Apple TV devices in the near future.
Inside, the refurbished model has an Apple A5 processor, and it is compatible with high-definition televisions with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz. It can be purchased directly from Apple, with the refurbished device shipping within 24 hours. Depending on a customer's location, it may also be available for in-store pickup.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Apple has not approached Comcast about Web television deal
- Apple TV adds CNNgo for live and on-demand news video
- Apple TV app lineup expands with TED, Tastemade, Young Hollywood
- Netflix flips switch on streaming services in Australia and New Zealand, lands on Apple TV
- New Apple TV with App Store would enter Apple into $35 billion home gaming market