Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 06:37 pm PT (09:37 pm ET)
New 'Jobs' trailer reveals a few new scenes from upcoming biopicA new trailer for the Steve Jobs biopic "Jobs" was released on Tuesday, showing a bit more of the movie slated to hit theaters on Aug. 29.
The latest trailer adds footage to a featurette released earlier this week, which included behind-the-scenes interviews with lead Asthon Kutcher and co-star Josh Gad.
Promotion for the film directed by Joshua Michael Stern, has picked up recently, with the launch of jobsthefilm.com and the July unveiling of a stylized poster portraying Kutcher as the Apple cofounder.
"Jobs" features Kutcher in the title role, with Gad playing Steve Wozniak, while other players include Dermot Mulroney, Lukas Haas, J.K. Simmons, Matthew Modine, and James Woods.
When the indie film sees wide release on Aug. 29, it will be the first of two to focus on the life of Steve Jobs. A second, big-budget project from Sony is currently under production and will be penned by Academy Award winning screenwriter Aaron Sorkin. Sorkin won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay for "The Social Network," the subject of which being Facebook founder and tech industry leader Mark Zuckerberg.
On Topic: Steve Jobs
- National Federation of the Blind says "Apple has done more for accessibility than any other company"
- Tim Cook reportedly seeking new blood for Apple's board of directors
- GM and Philips nearly bought Pixar, but deal's collapse allowed Steve Jobs to invest
- (RED) explains away Bono's 'criticism' of Apple as 'faux outrage,' thanks company for support
- Bono criticizes Apple for being 'annoyingly quiet' about raising $75M for fight against AIDS