New video compares supposed iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C shells against iPhone 5In a video that hit the Web on Monday, a purported gold colored "iPhone 5S" and a blue "iPhone 5C" were stacked against the current iPhone 5, offering a detailed look at how the three compare from a variety of different angles.
While images of Apple's supposed next-generation iPhone casing have been seen before, Monday's video (via AppAdvice) offers a better perspective of the "champagne gold" chassis.
Aside from the obvious change in color, it appears that the gold hued iPhone 5S has been fitted with white antenna window inserts that feature a cutout for the rumored dual-LED flash assembly. It is unknown if Apple is plans to pair the white glass with the anodized gold iPhone 5S frame, but the two shades are somewhat compatible.
Also seen in the video is a blue version of the so-called "iPhone 5C," Apple's rumored low-cost iPhone that is supposedly set to debut alongside the 5S in September. As can be expected, the 5C's plastic composite frame is a striking departure from the aluminum iPhones.
The supposed iPhone 5C's dimensions are nearly identical to the iPhone 5 and 5S, but with softer, more rounded features compared to the sharp chamfered edges of its metal counterparts.
Apple is widely rumored to be planning a Sept. 10 announcement for both the next-generation iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple rumored to launch 'iPhone 7' on week of Sept. 12
- Pokemon Go sets Apple App Store record for launch downloads, but US growth slowing
- 'Solid' forecast from Apple chipmaker Skyworks may bode well for 'iPhone 7' production
- New video from China compares rose gold finish in alleged 'iPhone 7' to iPhone 6s
- Pokemon Go comes home, launches in Japan with McDonald's sponsorship