Monday, September 09, 2013, 01:17 pm PT (04:17 pm ET)
Media event livery goes up at Apple's Town Hall ahead of expected iPhone announcementIn preparation of Tuesday's special media event, Apple has dressed up its Town Hall at 4 Infinite Loop in Cupertino, Calif., with banners and regalia identical in design to invitations sent out last week.
The decorations, which were apparently put up overnight or early Monday morning and photographed by iGen.fr, don't give much away in regard to what will be announced at tomorrow's event, though new iPhones are widely expected to be the focus of the gathering.
The largest banner, positioned above the entrance to 4 Infinite Loop, looks to be an enlargement of the invitation sent out to media outlets last week that promised to "brighten everyone's day." Accompanying the banner are flags with colorful abstract circular designs.
Apple has chosen the more intimate Town Hall at its Cupertino headquarters as the venue for the anticipated unveiling, a move that echoes previous major iPhone announcements like the iPhone 4S unveiling in 2011.
Expected to be announced at the event are two new iPhone models, the flagship "iPhone 5S" and a lower-cost "iPhone 5C," as well as iOS 7. AppleInsider will be reporting live from the event as it gets underway at 10 a.m. Pacific, or 1 p.m. Eastern.
On Topic: General
- Rumor: Google pressured Asus to cancel Android/Windows dual-boot devices
- Apple's Tim Cook meets Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu at Apple HQ
- Apple gobbling up retail market share as Radio Shack, Best Buy shrink
- Construction of Apple's new San Francisco flagship store gets final go ahead
- Apple exploring device pairing with Touch ID, camera privacy using diffusers