Apple's iMovie for Mac update resolves unexpected crashing problem, improves stabilityApple on Tuesday issued a minor update to its OS X version of iMovie, introducing a bug fix that remedies an issue in which some users would see the app unexpectedly crash or quit without warning.
iMovie version 10.0.4 is a minor point update released to resolve a lone issue that could cause the video editing software to quit unexpectedly. Along with the bug fix, Apple includes the usual stability improvements in its list of changes.
Apple last updated iMovie for Mac in April, bringing new content sorting features and font options, upgraded titles and user interface tweaks to the consumer level video editing app.
The last 10.0.3 version of the app also noted a fix to an issue that could cause iMovie to quit. It is unclear if today's build is a continuation of Apple's efforts to rid the app of bug, or is a new fix for a separate problem.
Existing iMovie users can download the latest version of the app for free from the Mac App Store, while new users can purchase the app for $14.99.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Final Cut Pro 10.2.1 solves bugs causing crashes, Timeline problems
- Google to funnel all Chrome for Mac extensions through Chrome Web Store
- Leica, Apple working to fix Monochrom DNG bug that could erase Photos app library
- FileMaker 14 brings feature, speed improvements across Mac, iOS & Windows
- Apple seeds Xcode 6.3.2 gold master to developers