Mailbox for iOS updated with Passbook support, new languages, morePopular iOS email client Mailbox was updated on Wednesday with a number of new features, including support for new languages, integration with Passbook and spam filtering, among other email management tweaks.
Mailbox version 2.1 brings a few fresh functional features to the Dropbox-owned email client, including the ability to mark messages as spam or unread, print out emails and highlight important correspondence with stars.
Access to the new email management tools is presented as a three-dot icon similar to those used in other iOS messaging apps like Tapbot's Tweetbot. The icon appears when viewing multiple threads, or swiping through emails one-by-one.
When viewing messages individually, Mailbox users can now send compatible attachments like tickets, gift cards and more to Apple's Passbook digital wallet, bringing the email client in line with Apple's own Mail app. Messages that are sent off for deletion via the app's "swipe to delete" gesture are now permanently erased when users empty their trash.
Finally, the app now supports a 24-hour clock.
Last updated in June, Mailbox is still limited to Gmail and iCloud accounts, though support for more platforms is expected soon.
Mailbox version 2.1 is a free 23.6MB download from the iOS App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- Apple opens Spanish language App Store feed on Twitter
- Apple's iOS App Store now generating 4x revenues per app vs Android Google Play
- Pixelmator image editor gets powerful selection tools in iOS app update
- Pokemon Go update fixes login problems, sponsored game content coming soon
- European expansion of Pokemon Go commences with launch in Germany