Two new Chinese Apple Stores set to open in Nanjing & Guangzhou on Jan. 16Continuing an accelerated expansion in the region, Apple will launch two more Chinese stores this Saturday, the first in Nanjing and the second in Guangzhou, both at 10 a.m. local time.
The Nanjing outlet will be based in the IST shopping mall in the city's Xuanwu District. In Guangzhou, Apple will move into the Parc Central retail block in the Tianhe District.
The shops will also have identical operating hours, running from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.
The company's 30th Chinese store — in Xiamen — was announced just last week. In the past two months alone, several locations have opened in cities such as Beijing, Shenyang, and Chengdu.
Apple is working towards a goal of having at least 40 stores in Greater China, including Hong Kong. China is the company's most important market after the U.S., and is likely to eclipse the latter by revenue in the near future.
On Topic: General
- Apple urges Supreme Court to end long-running Samsung patent case
- Apple CEO Tim Cook, VP Lisa Jackson to host Clinton fundraising event
- Microsoft lays off 2,850 more people in continued retreat from phones
- AppleInsider podcast talks Q3 earnings, more 'iPhone 7' rumors, 'Apple Car,' more
- Apple confirms plans for World Trade Center store in New York City