AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Health, machine learning, 'iPhone 7' rumorsThis week on the AppleInsider podcast, Mikey and Victor talk acquisitions, Apple Health, Tim Cook's tenure as CEO, and catch you up on all the latest 'iPhone 7' news.
AppleInsider editors Mikey Campbell and Victor Marks wrap up the latest in betas and rumors:
- Apple acquisition of Gliimpse
- Possibly eliminating the home button on 'iPhone 2017'
- iOS 9.3.5 and stopping the over-the-air jailbreak device takeover in 10 days
- Apple patent: using the TouchID sensor to capture thieves' fingerprints
- macOS Sierra hints at faster USB and Thunderbolt ports
- Facebook thinks it knows your political affiliation
- Siri and machine learning
- Tim Cook reflections
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- Deals: $100 off 2016 12" MacBooks; 30% off plus free shipping at Zagg; 2012 13" MacBook Pro for $795
- Apple's health push continues with reported buyout of digital records firm Gliimpse
- Apple again rumored to axe iPhone home button in 2017
- Dangerous, targeted iPhone attack nullified by Apple with iOS 9.3.5 patch
- Future iPhones might collect fingerprints, photos of thieves
- macOS Sierra beta points to future Macs equipped with 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2
- How to use your iPhone to see what political affiliation Facebook thinks you have
- Siri's voice to benefit from machine learning improvements in Apple's iOS 10
- Tim Cook's crucial role at Apple extends well beyond his 5 years as CEO
- Giveaway: Win a Stanley Stand and iPhone Wally Wallet Case from Distil Union
Follow our hosts on Twitter: @mikeycampbell81 and @vmarks.
Feedback and comments are always appreciated. Please contact the AppleInsider podcast at email@example.com and follow us on Twitter @appleinsider, plus Facebook and Instagram.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.