AppleInsider podcast talks iPhone 7 vs. Google Pixel, Mac updates, 5 years since Steve JobsThis week on the AppleInsider podcast, Daniel Eran Dilger tells Victor Marks about the sale of Viv (made by the founders of Siri) to Samsung, Google Pixel's shortcomings, the difficulty of evaluating a camera, and what's happened in the five years since Steve Jobs passed away.
AppleInsider editors Daniel Eran Dilger and Victor Marks wrap up the latest Apple Watch and iPhone releases:
- Viv, the voice assistant now owned by Samsung
- Google Pixel and the iPhone 7
- DxOMark rating Pixel the best mobile phone based on a pre-release handset
- Fingerprint sensors that work through displays patent
- "iPhone 2017" rumors based on that patent
- The long refresh cycle of the Mac
- The 5 years since Steve Jobs passed away and what we've learned
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- Deals: Grab the lowest prices anywhere on 2016 12" MacBooks; 15% off $50 iTunes gift cards; 50% off Roxio Toast 15 Titanium
- Samsung buys AI startup created by Siri co-cofounders
- Google's Pixel XL priced like Apple's iPhone 7 Plus but is half as fast, lacks many key features
- Apple patents fingerprint sensor that works through displays, hints at 'iPhone 8' tech
- All 2017 iPhones likely to have glass casing, stainless steel edges may be limited to high-end models
- Research shows intense interest in Apple MacBooks, even given long time since last refresh
- Five years after Steve Jobs: An Apple with the courage to say 'No'
Follow our hosts on Twitter: @danieleran and @vmarks.
Feedback and comments are always appreciated. Please contact the AppleInsider podcast at email@example.com and follow us on Twitter @appleinsider, plus Facebook and Instagram.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.