Apple releases retail store software in App Store
The free application (iTunes link) also allows customers to stay up to date with in-store events, and make appointments for Personal Shopping, Genius Bar or One to One.
Customers can also reserve the new iPhone 4 directly from their current iPhone, and don't even need to enter their AT&T account information. Version 1.0 of the Apple Store application requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad running iOS 3.0 or later. It is available in English and is a 1.6MB download.
The full list of features of the new application, according to Apple, are:
- See new and featured products from Apple.
- Shop the full selection of products available from the Apple Online Store.
- Find the latest accessories and software.
- Read customer reviews and get answers to product questions.
- Buy or reserve a new iPhone with just a few taps.
- Locate any Apple Retail Store in the world, instantly.
- Make Personal Shopping, Genius Bar, and One to One appointments.
- Sign up for workshops and events at your favorite Apple Retail Store.
AppleInsider reported on the application on Monday, after two retail employees who were briefed on the matter shared details. Rumors of a concierge application for Apple's retail stores first surfaced last November.