Apple, Facebook and Mordor: Interview with Jason Aten on the AppleInsider podcast
Jason Aten, tech columnist at Inc.com, comes on this special episode of the AppleInsider Podcast to discuss Apple's App Store policies and whether or not it's becoming more like Microsoft, or Facebook.
Apple's recent App Store policies and legal battle with Epic Games has brought many critiques to the company's relationship with iOS and Mac developers. Is their current push for services revenue creating a blind spot and hurting consumers, and should Apple's policies change to make room for greater innovation?
Our thanks to Jason Aten for coming on the show in this special interview episode as we discuss the comparison of Apple's recent decisions to the likes of Microsoft, Facebook, and whether or not its trajectory has the user's best interest in mind.
We'd love to hear your feedback. Tweet at Stephen Robles and Jason Aten, or email us here. Find us in your favorite podcast player by searching for "AppleInsider" and support the show by leaving a 5-Star rating and comment in Apple Podcasts here.
Don't forget to subscribe and listen to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything else HomeKit related! Subscribe in Apple podcasts, Pocket Casts, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Links from the show
- Follow Jason on Twitter
- Jason Aten's Personal Website
- Inc.com | Technology
- No, Apple Isn't the New Microsoft, It's the New Facebook
- The AirPods Pro Are the Best In-Ear Buds You Can Buy and Apple's Most Important Product
- The Apple Thing to Do — Jason Aten
- Apple's Standoff With Developers Over the App Store Puts It on the Wrong Side of Innovation
- Apple Made a DramaticReturn to CES With a Clear Message About Privacy. Facebook Didn't Agree
- Why Facebook's Biggest Problem Isn't Fake News or Privacy. It's Mark Zuckerberg
- Tim Cook Says These 3 Words Guide Every Decision at Apple
- Discussing Apple's App Store with Rogue Amoeba's Paul Kafasis on the AppleInsider podcast
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]