AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
Apple has landed 11 NAACP Image Award nominations for its Apple TV+ shows, films, and other original content.
The NAACP announced its 52nd annual Image Award nominations this week. Among services, Netflix led with 52 award nominations, while HBO came in second with 25.
Apple won nominations in the following categories:
- Outstanding Talk Series: "The Oprah Conversation"
- Outstanding Animated Series: "Central Park"
- Outstanding Variety Show: "Verzuz"
- Outstanding Independent Motion Picture: The Banker
- Outstanding Ensemble Cast in a Motion Picture: The Banker
- Outstanding Actor in a Motion Picture: Anthony Mackie, "The Banker"
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture: Nia Long, "The Banker"
- Outstanding Writing in A comedy Series: Lee Eisenberg, Kumail Nanjiani, Emily V. Gordon, "Little America," "The Rock"
- Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series: Rajiv Joseph, "Little America," "The Manager"
- Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series: Jessica Lamour, "Little Voice"," "Love Hurts"
- Outstanding Directing in a Comedy Series: Aurora Guerrero, "Little America," "The Jaguar"
The NAACP Image Awards is an annual awards ceremony organized by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People that honors outstanding performances in film, TV, music, and literature.