In a service update revealed on Thursday, the "Your Library" tab in Spotify can now be searched using dynamic tags, new sorting options, and search filters.
Your Library in Spotify is being updated with several new features including:
- A new search function that lets users find podcasts or music in their collection
- New search filters view specific results like albums or podcasts, or show only downloaded content
- Sort search results alphabetically, by recently played, or artist name
- Pin up to four playlists, songs, or podcasts to keep them at the top of search results at all times
- Switch between list view and grid view
Spotify says that the new version of Your Library will begin rolling out Thursday to all Spotify users on iOS and Android. The company boasts over 5,000 hours of content is added every day, and users need a simple way to find their saved content.
Spotify is free to use, but downloading songs and an ad-free experience is reserved for premium subscribers. Similar to Apple Music, individuals can subscribe for $9.99 per month or pay $14.99 for a family plan that supports six users. There is a "Duo" option for customers who only want two premium accounts for $12.99.
Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get the latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.