AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
On the AppleInsider podcast this week, your hosts highlight our favorite iPhone apps, and discuss Apple's 2022 device roadmap, while Apple's design team reveals images from inside Apple Park.
In a recent report, Apple's entire early 2022 product lineup may have been laid bare. Alongside updated MacBook Air models, revised iPad Air and iPad Pro, and the long-awaiting Apple Silicon Mac Pro, Gurman believes Apple's AR and VR headset should launch next year.
We should also see the next generation of the M1 chip, presumably "M2," next year in the MacBook Air and possibly iPad Pro too. Other rumors we examine in this episode include multiple Apple Watch models with a new SE and rugged version, which was corroborated by analyst Ming Chi-Kuo.
Away from possible future releases, Apple has quietly presented us now with a new MacBook upgrade program specifically for business customers. Business users can sign up for as low as $30 per month for a MacBook Air, and up to $75 for a 16-inch MacBook Pro. This lease-type program will allow businesses to gain multiple machines at a lower initial cost, and also to upgrade to new machines in the future.
Lastly, we round out the show highlighting some of the best iPhone apps for productivity, notes, calendar, games, and more.
Follow our hosts
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts
Links from the show
- Apple AR headset, new Mac Pro and more expected in 2022
- More powerful AirPods Pro 2 predicted to arrive in the end of 2022
- Three new Apple Watch models coming in 2022, says Ming-Chi Kuo
- Apple's notebook upgrade program' could get businesses new M1 Macs for $30 per month
- Apple Self Service Repair preps underway with iPhone service history in iOS 15.2
- Apple execs explain the design philosophy behind Apple Watch bands
- .Apple's Open Source Website
- Apple design team shows off 'quiet and calming' Apple Park
iPhone app recommendations
- Spark Mail - Email by Readdle
- Pocket Casts
- Fantastical - Calendar & Tasks
- AnyList: Grocery Shopping List
- Reeder 5
- FiLMiC ProVideo Camera
- Halide Mark II - Pro Camera
- Google Voice
- JustWatch - Movies & TV Shows
- Home+ 5
- HotelTonight - Hotel Deals
- GIF Keyboard
- Alto's Odyssey
- OmniFocus 3
- Google Home
- Spike Email - Mail & Team Chat
- Taskade - Manage anything!
- Miro: online whiteboard
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.