Prime Day has evolved to rival the Q4 holiday shopping season, with billions in sales and deals that aren't just limited to Amazon. We're rounding up the best ways to save leading up to the July 12-13 shopping event.
Make sure you're a Prime member beforehand
Many Prime Day bargains sell out quickly, so you'll want to ensure you're a Prime member beforehand to snap up the savings. If you haven't been a Prime member in the last 12 months, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial to ensure you're ready for the official Amazon deals, which require a Prime membership to access.
Amazon devices on sale
Front and center, it's no surprise Amazon touts discounts on its own devices for Prime Day.
From cash savings on eero WiFi 6 mesh routers to Fire TVs and Kindle tablets, bargain hunters can save well over 50% on select gadgets from Amazon's umbrella of brands.
Current Prime offers
Prime Day isn't explicitly known for its Apple deals, but that doesn't mean retailers aren't offering impressive savings on hardware and accessories.
In the days leading up to Prime Day 2022, there have been $200 to $250 discounts on 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pros, as well as price cuts on Apple Watches.
Based on historical data, expect to see markdowns on AirPods (most likely dipping to $99), along with savings on AirPods Pro and AirPods Max. The triple-digit MacBook Pro markdowns are likely to make a return for July 12 as well. While big box retailers like Amazon and Best Buy carry retail configurations, you're in luck if you're looking for a tricked out system, as our Mac Price Guide is home to hundreds of exclusive deals on Apple's current line of MacBooks and iMacs.
You can also save on AppleCare on MacBook Pros and even Apple's Mac Studio when you shop at Adorama with this cost-saving activation link and promo code APINSIDER.
Overview of current Apple specials
- AirPods Pro: $169.99 ($80 off)
- Apple Watch Series 7 (41mm, GPS, Green Aluminum, Clover Sport Band): $284 ($115 off)
- Apple TV 4K (32GB): $119.99 ($60 off)
- Apple TV 4K (64GB): $139.99 ($60 off)
- $200 off Apple's M1 Pro, 1TB 14-inch MacBook Pro
- iPad Air 5 on sale for $559 ($40 off) Plus 100s of additional deals in our Apple Price Guide!
More than electronics
According to Amazon, Prime Day 2021's top-selling products in the U.S. included the Waterpik Electric Water Flosser, Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder, 23andMe Health DNA Test and iRobot Roomba 692 Robot Vacuum. Toys were also heavily discounted during the 2021 event, which took place on June 21 and 22. If you're shopping for a late July or August birthday, it makes sense to check out Prime Day deals to save money and provide ample time for fulfillment.
We'll be rounding up our favorite discounts next week, but here are a few that are going on right now:
Pre-Prime Day deals at Amazon and 3rd parties
- Shop Best Buy's Black Friday in July sale
- Save 20% or more on select grocery items
- Get up to 29% off Instant Pot cooking appliances
- Save 40% on JBL portable Bluetooth speakers
- Clinitest Rapid Covid-19 Antigen Self-Test 5-Pack: $35 (30% off)
- Save 30% sitewide at Nomad
- Mac mini (Intel Core i3, 8GB, 256GB): $529 ($170 off)