On this week's episode of the HomeKit Insider podcast, your hosts break down the leaked Eve Cam 2, Masonite's newly-available smart door, and more smart home news.
Since the last episode, we saw an unreleased version of the Eve Cam show up in regulatory databases. No changes could be discerned though, other than a new squared-off design.
The Masonite smart door that we first saw at CES 2022 is now available. The door incorporates a Yale smart lock, a ring doorbell, presence lights, and a contact sensor that are all hardwired to power.
Aqara has finally released its T1 light strip, its first smart lighting product. It has ten addressable zones, music synchronization, and Matter support. It connects to an Aqara hub via Zigbee.
Finally, the Roborock app got a nice update making it easier to clean your home.
In personal projects, your hosts lusted after the newly-announced LG suitcase TV that packs a 3-hour battery life, touchscreen, and AirPlay 2.
Stephen also showed off his Tidbyt smart screen that can show various widgets and tie into different smart services.
Links from the show
- Potato Parcel - Your Image and Message on a Potato! A Unique Gift!
- Second Gen Eve Cam Discovered in FCC Filing - Homekit News and Reviews
- This smart door has a smart lock and video doorbell built-in and starts at $4,000 - The Verge
- Aqara launches new multi-zone light strip with HomeKit Adaptive Lighting
- Roborock App Makes Using a Robot Vacuum Easy | Tap to Clean
- StanbyMe Go Portable Smart Touch Screen | LG USA
- Tidbyt - See What Matters
- Air Quality Monitor For Your House | Awair Element
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too. If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.