"Lights Camera Apple" invite issued for NAB eventApple Inc. has started to invite video production professionals and members of the media to a special event at next month's National Association of Broadcasters Conference in Las Vegas.
"Lights Camera [Apple logo]," reads a digital invite distributed by e-mail. "Please join us for a special presentation at NAB in The Venetian Hotel and Casino on Sunday, April 15, at 11:00 a.m."
The Cupertino-based Mac maker is expected to use the gathering to introduce a new version of its its Final Cut Pro video editing software and possibly unleash an Octal-Core Mac Pro workstation that has been sitting idle in its labs ever since development wrapped several months ago.
Apple has used past NAB events to update Final Cut Pro, introduce new notebooks and launch Soundtrack, its professional audio editing software.
Although Apple plans to take over Venetian Ballrooms A through E, seating for the April 15th invitation-only event is said to be extremely limited.
A reception will follow the presentation.
On Topic: General
- Apple tops Louis Vuitton, Gucci as the gift of choice among China's wealthy
- FCC says broadband-class connections must offer at least 25Mbps download speeds
- iTunes Connect bug logs developers into random Apple account, displays wrong apps
- TracFone will pay $40 million to settle unlimited data beef with the FTC
- Apple's R&D spending shoots up 42% year-over-year, hit new $1.9B record in Q1