"Lights Camera Apple" invite issued for NAB eventApple Inc. has started to invite video production professionals and members of the media to a special event at next month's National Association of Broadcasters Conference in Las Vegas.
"Lights Camera [Apple logo]," reads a digital invite distributed by e-mail. "Please join us for a special presentation at NAB in The Venetian Hotel and Casino on Sunday, April 15, at 11:00 a.m."
The Cupertino-based Mac maker is expected to use the gathering to introduce a new version of its its Final Cut Pro video editing software and possibly unleash an Octal-Core Mac Pro workstation that has been sitting idle in its labs ever since development wrapped several months ago.
Apple has used past NAB events to update Final Cut Pro, introduce new notebooks and launch Soundtrack, its professional audio editing software.
Although Apple plans to take over Venetian Ballrooms A through E, seating for the April 15th invitation-only event is said to be extremely limited.
A reception will follow the presentation.
On Topic: General
- Apple could be held liable for supporting terrorism with strong iOS encryption, experts theorize
- Apple inks deal for first major office space in San Francisco
- Suppliers expect widespread adoption of USB Type-C in laptops, smartphones thanks to Apple
- Apple invents stylus capable of simulating onscreen textures through haptic feedback
- Samsung profits drop as mobile arm suffers 37.6% crash in Q2