"Lights Camera Apple" invite issued for NAB eventApple Inc. has started to invite video production professionals and members of the media to a special event at next month's National Association of Broadcasters Conference in Las Vegas.
"Lights Camera [Apple logo]," reads a digital invite distributed by e-mail. "Please join us for a special presentation at NAB in The Venetian Hotel and Casino on Sunday, April 15, at 11:00 a.m."
The Cupertino-based Mac maker is expected to use the gathering to introduce a new version of its its Final Cut Pro video editing software and possibly unleash an Octal-Core Mac Pro workstation that has been sitting idle in its labs ever since development wrapped several months ago.
Apple has used past NAB events to update Final Cut Pro, introduce new notebooks and launch Soundtrack, its professional audio editing software.
Although Apple plans to take over Venetian Ballrooms A through E, seating for the April 15th invitation-only event is said to be extremely limited.
A reception will follow the presentation.
On Topic: General
- Apple reportedly mulling Tidal acquisition for access to exclusive content
- Apple CEO Tim Cook named lead independent director at Nike
- Sling TV splits into 'Orange' and 'Blue' tiers, adds NBC, BBC America & other channels
- NYC Apple reseller and community staple Tekserve to close Manhattan store
- Nancy Pelosi expresses disappointment over Tim Cook's GOP fundraiser