Apple's new iPod commercial focuses on colors instead of featuresComing on the heels of reports that some iPod touch orders are being shipped out, Apple on Wednesday released a new TV ad for its iPod family of products, highlighting the revamped media players first announced in September.
The commercial, first seen at Apple's iPhone and iPod special event in September, is called "Bounce" and features the entire iPod product line, from the smallest iPod shuffle to the fifth-generation iPod touch.
Using Willy Moon's song "Yeah Yeah," the spot focuses on the variety of colorways now offered throughout the iPod line, starting with the flagship iPod touch, which "breaks apart" into two units, then into three iPod nanos, which splash into a sea of iPod shuffles.
Living up to its tagline, "Every iPod now in color," the commercial marks Apple's return to fun, colorful iPod-centric TV ads after taking a turn toward the unexpected this past summer.
On Topic: iPod
- Apple's discontinued iPod classic commands hefty premium on the secondary market
- Plaintiff withdrawn in iPod antitrust lawsuit
- Cook blames death of iPod classic on parts availability, no replacement planned
- Apple finally kills off iPod classic after 13 years of service
- Review: Parrot Asteroid Smart in-dash head unit with navigation and app support