Thursday, January 03, 2013, 02:03 pm PT (05:03 pm ET)
'jOBS' biopic to hit theaters in AprilOpen Road Films and Five Star Feature films on Thursday announced that distribution agreements are in place for the Steve Jobs biopic "jOBS," which will arrive in theaters sometime in April.
Iconic Steve Jobs photo (left) and a publicity shot from the upcoming jOBS biopic (right) via The Hollywood Reporter
The film stars Ashton Kutcher as Apple cofounder Jobs is said to chronicle the defining 30 years of the tech guru's life, from the creation of Apple, his ousting in 1985, the founding of NeXT Computer, the purchase of Pixar and his subsequent return to Apple in 1996.
Not to be confused with the big-budget Sony film written by "The Social Network" scribe Aaron Sorkin, jOBS will premiere as the closing night film at this year's Sundance Film Festival on Jan. 27.
A number of actors have been attached to jOBS, including Matthew Modine as Apple CEO John Scully, Broadway star Josh Gad as cofounder Steve Wozniak, Ahna O'Reilly from "The Help" playing Chris-Ann Brennan, ex-girlfriend and mother to Jobs' daughter Lisa and J.K. Simmons as Venture capitalist Arthur Rock.
Kutcher and company were first spotted filming in June 2012 at Jobs' old Los Altos home, where the first Apple computer was built.
On Topic: General
- Steve Ballmer boasts profitability, reveals personal living room push in Microsoft exit interview
- Apple supplier Pegatron under fire after 'several' more employee deaths, including alleged child worker
- Apple falls to 35th spot in annual 'Best Places to Work' employee survey
- Apple to open larger San Francisco Stonestown store, new Duesseldorf location on Dec. 14
- Apple patents tech for making curved touch surfaces, displays