OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Lion beta seeded to developers with minor changesApple on Tuesday seeded build 12D50 of OS X 10.8.3 pre-release to developers with no known issues.
The new build comes a little over two weeks after Apple seeded the previous 12D44 build, which itself arrived with no known issues and minor under the hood changes to the upcoming version of Apple's operating system.
People familiar with the release told AppleInsider that Tuesday's build notes are identical to the previous two seeds that came out in December, with developer focus areas including AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers and Safari.
Build 12D50 continues to tout the new "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility" tool that allows developers to http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/12/05/developers-can-now-update-os-x-beta-builds-through-software-update">retrieve new seeds through Software Update. When new builds are made available, Apple sends out notifications to install the update via the Mac App Store. The usual e-mail notices will continue to be sent out if developers choose not to use the Software Update tool.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- OS X 10.10.2 will fix years-old Thunderbolt hardware vulnerability
- Adobe acknowledges critical remote vulnerability in Flash, exploits already in the wild
- How to safely move your Mac's iPhoto library onto an external drive
- Google's Project Zero reveals three new zero-day exploits in Apple's OS X [u]
- Apple's Logic Pro X gets massive update with new effects, tools, AirDrop support and more