Apple releases build 12D68 of OS X 10.8.3 betaApple on Thursday released the latest beta build of OS X 10.8.3, dubbed 12D68, to developers as the forthcoming update moves closer to public release.
The most recent seed comes one week after the previous build 12D65 was rolled out with a fix for the "F:///" detection bug that would crash a number of OS X apps.
With no known issues, the latest seed is the eleventh such beta pushed out to developers, though Apple has yet to issue a Golden Master that would signal an imminent public release.
As with the past few builds, the latest 12D68 focuses on testing AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.
Since a seed in December, developers have been able to receive update notifications through Software Update and download beta builds directly from the Mac App Store by using the new "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility."
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple Xcode 8 beta now secured with digital signatures in .xip format
- 3rd-party Vulkan API could simplify porting graphics-intensive games to Metal on macOS, iOS
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- Apple issues third macOS Sierra beta to developers
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit