Thursday, February 14, 2013, 04:20 pm
Apple releases build 12D68 of OS X 10.8.3 betaApple on Thursday released the latest beta build of OS X 10.8.3, dubbed 12D68, to developers as the forthcoming update moves closer to public release.
The most recent seed comes one week after the previous build 12D65 was rolled out with a fix for the "F:///" detection bug that would crash a number of OS X apps.
With no known issues, the latest seed is the eleventh such beta pushed out to developers, though Apple has yet to issue a Golden Master that would signal an imminent public release.
As with the past few builds, the latest 12D68 focuses on testing AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.
Since a seed in December, developers have been able to receive update notifications through Software Update and download beta builds directly from the Mac App Store by using the new "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility."
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple seeds OS X 10.8.4 beta build 12E52 to developers
- iMovie update fixes issues with camera recognition, iOS movie imports
- Apple fixes Thunderbolt target disk mode in software update
- First look: Pixelmator 2.2 Blueberry goes live in the Mac App Store
- Apple seeds OS X 10.8.4 beta build 12E47 to developers with no known issues