Thursday, February 14, 2013, 01:20 pm PT (04:20 pm ET)
Apple releases build 12D68 of OS X 10.8.3 betaApple on Thursday released the latest beta build of OS X 10.8.3, dubbed 12D68, to developers as the forthcoming update moves closer to public release.
The most recent seed comes one week after the previous build 12D65 was rolled out with a fix for the "F:///" detection bug that would crash a number of OS X apps.
With no known issues, the latest seed is the eleventh such beta pushed out to developers, though Apple has yet to issue a Golden Master that would signal an imminent public release.
As with the past few builds, the latest 12D68 focuses on testing AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.
Since a seed in December, developers have been able to receive update notifications through Software Update and download beta builds directly from the Mac App Store by using the new "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility."
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases OS X Yosemite Public Beta 2, new iTunes 12 beta for testing
- Intuit releases redesigned Quicken 2015 for Mac, first new version in 7 years
- Apple releases Safari 7.1 and 6.2, OS X Server 3.2 betas to developers
- Apple updates pro-level video suite with fixes for Final Cut Pro X, Compressor and Motion
- Mailbox for Mac hits public beta, adds synced drafts and 'snooze to desktop' feature