Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 01:59 pm PT (04:59 pm ET)
Apple seeds fifth OS X 10.8.4 beta with no known issuesApple on Tuesday seeded the latest OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion beta build, dubbed 12E40, to developers with no known issues.
The newest build comes one week after the previous 12E36 build was pushed out, keeping with Apple's weekly release schedule.
As with the most recent seeds, Apple is asking developers to focus on Wi-Fi, Graphics Drivers and Safari.
In the third build of the upcoming maintenance update, a line of code was discovered pointing to the possible inclusion of speedy 802.11ac Wi-Fi in future Macs.
The most current update is available through Software Update in the Mac App Store and Apple's Developer Page.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases OS X Yosemite Public Beta 2, new iTunes 12 beta for testing
- Intuit releases redesigned Quicken 2015 for Mac, first new version in 7 years
- Apple releases Safari 7.1 and 6.2, OS X Server 3.2 betas to developers
- Apple updates pro-level video suite with fixes for Final Cut Pro X, Compressor and Motion
- Mailbox for Mac hits public beta, adds synced drafts and 'snooze to desktop' feature