Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 01:59 pm PT (04:59 pm ET)
Apple seeds fifth OS X 10.8.4 beta with no known issuesApple on Tuesday seeded the latest OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion beta build, dubbed 12E40, to developers with no known issues.
The newest build comes one week after the previous 12E36 build was pushed out, keeping with Apple's weekly release schedule.
As with the most recent seeds, Apple is asking developers to focus on Wi-Fi, Graphics Drivers and Safari.
In the third build of the upcoming maintenance update, a line of code was discovered pointing to the possible inclusion of speedy 802.11ac Wi-Fi in future Macs.
The most current update is available through Software Update in the Mac App Store and Apple's Developer Page.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks with reliability enhancements, includes Safari 7.0.6
- Apple releases new OS X Yosemite betas for developers, public beta participants
- Apple Watch, AirDrop, iBeacon & Continuity coax advanced features from Bluetooth & WiFi
- VMWare releases Fusion 7 with support for OS X Yosemite and Retina optimization
- Apple issues first iCloud for Windows beta with iCloud Drive support