Apple releases Logic Pro X 10.0.1 with fixes for Track Stacks, 24-bit audio filesLess than 10 days after it become available, Apple's Logic Pro X was updated on Thursday to version 10.0.1, addressing issues that would down-convert 24-bit audio to 16-bit, inadvertently flatten audio in Track Stacks, and more.
Logic Pro X 10.0.1 is now available to download from the Mac App Store. According to Apple, the update has a number of stability and performance improvements, including:
- Fixes an issue that could cause content downloading to stall
- 24-bit audio files are no longer converted to 16-bit when exporting projects to AAF
- Improves stability when switching between audio editors while Flex Pitch is enabled
- Track Stacks that contain both software instrument and audio tracks will no longer be inadvertently flattened by loading a Patch
- Tuner is now available when selecting a Track Stack containing audio tracks
- Addresses graphic and selection behavior issues in the Score Editor
The release is recommended by Apple for all Logic Pro X customers. The $200 digital audio workstation and MIDI sequencer was first unveiled and released last Tuesday, with new features like Drummer, Flex Pitch, and the accompanying Logic Remote for iPad.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple updates iMovie for Mac with enhanced YouTube sharing, fix for random crashes
- Apple issues fix for iMac JPEG crashes, updates TestFlight with WatchKit support
- If you want Beats Music on your Mac, skip the Web client and install the Beats Android app
- First look: Adobe Lightroom CC with HDR and panoramic photo merging, facial recognition, more
- Apple seeds first OS X 10.10.4 beta to developers for testing