Apple releases Logic Pro X 10.0.1 with fixes for Track Stacks, 24-bit audio filesLess than 10 days after it become available, Apple's Logic Pro X was updated on Thursday to version 10.0.1, addressing issues that would down-convert 24-bit audio to 16-bit, inadvertently flatten audio in Track Stacks, and more.
Logic Pro X 10.0.1 is now available to download from the Mac App Store. According to Apple, the update has a number of stability and performance improvements, including:
- Fixes an issue that could cause content downloading to stall
- 24-bit audio files are no longer converted to 16-bit when exporting projects to AAF
- Improves stability when switching between audio editors while Flex Pitch is enabled
- Track Stacks that contain both software instrument and audio tracks will no longer be inadvertently flattened by loading a Patch
- Tuner is now available when selecting a Track Stack containing audio tracks
- Addresses graphic and selection behavior issues in the Score Editor
The release is recommended by Apple for all Logic Pro X customers. The $200 digital audio workstation and MIDI sequencer was first unveiled and released last Tuesday, with new features like Drummer, Flex Pitch, and the accompanying Logic Remote for iPad.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Pixelmator for Mac gets new Quick and Magnetic selection tools, Retouch extension for Photos
- Apple drops new betas for OS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.3, and tvOS 9.2.2
- Apple might let users unlock Mac via Touch ID on iPhone with OS X 10.12
- Leaked screens show Siri in Apple's upcoming OS X 10.12 with always-on 'Hey Siri'
- Apple releases iTunes 12.4 with redesigned interface, fixes bugs in OS X 10.11.5