Apple launches iTunes Festival channel for Apple TV alongside refreshed iOS appAs the 2013 iTunes Festival approaches, Apple on Tuesday rolled out a new Apple TV channel and revamped iOS app dedicated to the month-long concert series, featuring new looks and in-depth information about the acts set to perform come September.
The iTunes Festival Apple TV channel and iOS app both feature a similar aesthetic, each offering scheduled showtimes, artist information and links to relevant music in the iTunes Store.
The new channel is automatically delivered to Apple TVs without the need to update, while iOS device users can download the new app for free from the App Store.
Slated to kick off on Sept. 1, the festival will again be held at the Roundhouse in London, with over 60 artists scheduled to play through the month. The lineup was first announced in May.
With tickets to the event only available as prizes, a select few will be able to attend the series. However, as it did last year, Apple will be streaming the live performances via iTunes, a dedicated iOS app and the Apple TV channel. On-demand replays are also expected to be available for purchase and download through the iTunes Store.
Lady Gaga will be the headliner on opening night and will be followed by the likes of Elton John, Justin Timberlake, John Legend, Avicii, and more.
On Topic: General
- Apple's customer service suffers in Q2, study says
- September iPhone event marks return of live stream for Windows users
- Apple researching wireless earphones with bone conduction noise cancelling tech
- Apple supposedly confirmed to hold Sept. 9 iPhone event at Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
- Apple's Jony Ive, Jimmy Iovine to join tech and entertainment luminaries at Vanity Fair event