Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 02:13 pm PT (05:13 pm ET)
Apple's Logic Pro X updated with bug fixes and stability improvementsApple on Tuesday rolled out a minor update for Logic Pro X, bringing a number of bug fixes and performance enhancements to its professional level digital audio workstation and MIDI sequencer.
Logic Pro X version 10.0.2 comes almost one month after the software was last updated in July with similar stability and performance tweaks.
The latest version carries the following improvements:
- Undo commands work as expected after Flex Pitch editing
- The Vintage Electric Piano plug-in now performs correctly at all sample rates
- The Capture Last Take key command no longer erases a MIDI recording
- Double-clicking on a Drummer region now opens or closes the editor
- Addresses a graphic issue where the Piano Roll Editor could display an empty window
Apple notes the release is recommended for all Logic Pro X users.
First released in June, the DAW offers new features like Drummer, a virtual session player that automatically plays along with a song, and Flex Pitch integrate pitch editing.
In addition, iPad owners can use their tablet to control Logic Pro X with the Logic Remote app, which lets artists record, mix and play virtual instruments remotely.
The Logic Pro X update comes in at 650MB and can be downloaded through Software Update. New users can purchase the app for $199.99 from the Mac App Store.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple opens OS X betas to consumers with Beta Seed Program
- Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 beta to developers with minor tweaks
- Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks beta to developers with minor changes
- Apple issues iMovie for Mac update with new features, bug fixes
- Apple releases Xcode 5.1.1 update with bug fixes, stability improvements