Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 02:13 pm PT (05:13 pm ET)
Apple's Logic Pro X updated with bug fixes and stability improvementsApple on Tuesday rolled out a minor update for Logic Pro X, bringing a number of bug fixes and performance enhancements to its professional level digital audio workstation and MIDI sequencer.
Logic Pro X version 10.0.2 comes almost one month after the software was last updated in July with similar stability and performance tweaks.
The latest version carries the following improvements:
- Undo commands work as expected after Flex Pitch editing
- The Vintage Electric Piano plug-in now performs correctly at all sample rates
- The Capture Last Take key command no longer erases a MIDI recording
- Double-clicking on a Drummer region now opens or closes the editor
- Addresses a graphic issue where the Piano Roll Editor could display an empty window
Apple notes the release is recommended for all Logic Pro X users.
First released in June, the DAW offers new features like Drummer, a virtual session player that automatically plays along with a song, and Flex Pitch integrate pitch editing.
In addition, iPad owners can use their tablet to control Logic Pro X with the Logic Remote app, which lets artists record, mix and play virtual instruments remotely.
The Logic Pro X update comes in at 650MB and can be downloaded through Software Update. New users can purchase the app for $199.99 from the Mac App Store.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple to enable pixel-doubled 'Retina' mode for 4K monitors in OS X 10.9.3
- Apple issues first OS X 10.9.3 beta, asks developers to focus on graphics and audio
- Apple issues OS X Server 3.1 Preview beta with added supervised devices support
- Mac owners report OS X 10.9.2 update breaks AirPlay functionality
- Apple releases OS X 10.9.2 with fix for SSL security flaw, plus new FaceTime Audio