Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 08:53 am PT (11:53 am ET)
Apple to patch more bugs with release of iOS 7.0.3 next week - reportApple is rumored to roll out another minor update to iOS 7 next week, addressing several small and lingering issues in the company's latest mobile operating system.
iOS 7.0.3, sporting build number 11B491, has been released to employees and select external partners for testing, BGR reported on Tuesday. The new version is said to be made available in advance of iOS 7.1's expected reveal alongside new iPads at Apple's rumored October event.
The new build may address performance issues that have lingered since iOS 7's debut last month as well as new lock screen bypass security concerns that have surfaced since last week's iOS 7.0.2 release. For comparison, iOS 7.0.2 carries build number 11A501.
The same site incorrectly claimed that Apple would release a seventh beta of iOS 7 in August. Apple instead skipped from iOS beta 6 to iOS 7 Golden Master on Sept. 10.
Apple released iOS 7.0.1 with "bug fixes and improvements" as an over-the-air update for the iPhone 5s and 5c on the handsets' launch day, with iOS 7.0.2 following just six days later to address bugs related to lockscreen passcode security.
On Topic: iOS
- Apple 'actively investigating' celebrity photo leaks for possible iCloud connection
- Adobe's Photoshop Mix for iPad gets extensibility, panoramic file support, more in update
- Apple imposes restrictions on HealthKit data sharing with ad platforms, others
- ESPN updates SportsCenter for iOS with new football features, Secret adds interactive questions
- Smash hit 'BioShock' comes to iPhone, iPad with iOS-specific controls