Apple updates GarageBand for Mac with bug fixes, stability improvementsApple on Wednesday released an update to GarageBand, bringing minor tweaks and performance enhancements to its casual music creation tool.
GarageBand for Mac version 10.0.1 brings the usual unspecified stability improvements and addresses a "number of minor issues" users have reported with the software.
Apple's latest GarageBand for OS X Mavericks launched on the same day as Mavericks in October alongside other revamped iLife apps, like iMovie and iPhoto.
The latest iteration of Apple's music creation software got a new look with design cues taken from the iOS app. An all-new sound library was also added with fresh samples, as well as improved virtual instruments.
In addition, users can select from one of 15 virtual session drummers that can adapt their beats based on a user's direction. Genres include rock, alternative, R&B and more.
GarageBand for Mac version 10.0.1 comes in at 749MB and can be downloaded for free from the Mac App Store or Software Update.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- New SSL/TLS flaw leaves Safari vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attack, Apple promises fix
- Apple releases public beta of OS X 10.10.3, gives the masses a first taste of new Photos app
- Apple spotlights 'Focus' starring Will Smith, edited entirely in Final Cut Pro X
- Apple introduces new crash reporting service for developers in latest Xcode 6.3 beta
- Apple releases second beta of OS X 10.10.3 with focus on new Photos app