Apple updates GarageBand for Mac with bug fixes, stability improvementsApple on Wednesday released an update to GarageBand, bringing minor tweaks and performance enhancements to its casual music creation tool.
GarageBand for Mac version 10.0.1 brings the usual unspecified stability improvements and addresses a "number of minor issues" users have reported with the software.
Apple's latest GarageBand for OS X Mavericks launched on the same day as Mavericks in October alongside other revamped iLife apps, like iMovie and iPhoto.
The latest iteration of Apple's music creation software got a new look with design cues taken from the iOS app. An all-new sound library was also added with fresh samples, as well as improved virtual instruments.
In addition, users can select from one of 15 virtual session drummers that can adapt their beats based on a user's direction. Genres include rock, alternative, R&B and more.
GarageBand for Mac version 10.0.1 comes in at 749MB and can be downloaded for free from the Mac App Store or Software Update.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- macOS virtual keyboard system resources lack function keys, suggest 'Magic Toolbar' legit
- Long-awaited Sid Meier title Civilization VI arrives on macOS
- Apple updates macOS Sierra to 10.12.1 with Mail, Safari, Photos fixes
- Trade-in coupon: $20 cash bonus when you trade in your old Mac ahead of rumored 2016 MacBook Pros
- LEGO rolls out Macs in the workplace to meet growing employee demand