Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 03:24 pm PT (06:24 pm ET)
Apple, Inc. stock closes at $533, highest point since start of 2013Apple stock closed up nearly 2 percent today, reaching $533.40 for the highest close since the first days of January.
The company's stock is now up slightly from the beginning of 2013 for the first time since plunging $100 per share in January and remaining in the low $400s throughout most of the spring and summer.
Apple took advantage of its acutely low stock price in a buyback program that floated a bond offering to buy back 47 million shares.
The 36 million shares Apple bought back in the June quarter at an average of $444 per share would now cost an additional $3.2 billion to acquire again at the current price.
On Topic: Investor
- Early upgrade programs at US carriers forecast to help grow sales of Apple's iPhone
- 'Now is the time to invest' in Apple ahead of new product launches, Morgan Stanley says
- SV150: Apple, Inc. earns more than HP, Google, Intel & Cisco combined
- Wells Fargo defends 'market perform' rating on Apple stock, says company is in midst of transition
- JP Morgan sees Apple further eating away at Windows PC market with sub-$1000 iOS notebook