Apple, Inc. stock closes at $533, highest point since start of 2013Apple stock closed up nearly 2 percent today, reaching $533.40 for the highest close since the first days of January.
The company's stock is now up slightly from the beginning of 2013 for the first time since plunging $100 per share in January and remaining in the low $400s throughout most of the spring and summer.
Apple took advantage of its acutely low stock price in a buyback program that floated a bond offering to buy back 47 million shares.
The 36 million shares Apple bought back in the June quarter at an average of $444 per share would now cost an additional $3.2 billion to acquire again at the current price.
On Topic: Investor
- Berkshire Hathaway increases Apple position to $1.46B
- Apple's board chair & general counsel sell over $10M in personal stock
- Apple Inc. gears up to distribute $3.2 billion in dividends to shareholders
- Apple issues $7B U.S. bond to fund stock buybacks, corporate initiatives
- Apple's iPhone falls from 3rd to 5th in China smartphone marketshare