Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 03:24 pm PT (06:24 pm ET)
Apple, Inc. stock closes at $533, highest point since start of 2013Apple stock closed up nearly 2 percent today, reaching $533.40 for the highest close since the first days of January.
The company's stock is now up slightly from the beginning of 2013 for the first time since plunging $100 per share in January and remaining in the low $400s throughout most of the spring and summer.
Apple took advantage of its acutely low stock price in a buyback program that floated a bond offering to buy back 47 million shares.
The 36 million shares Apple bought back in the June quarter at an average of $444 per share would now cost an additional $3.2 billion to acquire again at the current price.
On Topic: Investor
- Blockbuster start for iPhone 6 suggests Apple on track to sell 60M phones in December quarter
- iPhone 6 & Apple Watch reveals lived up to the hype for Wall Street, investors have high hopes for Apple Pay
- Samsung's 'rushed,' 'half-baked' announcements set Apple up for easy victory this fall, analyst says
- Apple's 'fab fall' predicted to help drive company's stock price to $123 per share
- Piper Jaffray ups Apple price target to $120 with high hopes for iOS 8 home & health features