Apple, Inc. stock closes at $533, highest point since start of 2013Apple stock closed up nearly 2 percent today, reaching $533.40 for the highest close since the first days of January.
The company's stock is now up slightly from the beginning of 2013 for the first time since plunging $100 per share in January and remaining in the low $400s throughout most of the spring and summer.
Apple took advantage of its acutely low stock price in a buyback program that floated a bond offering to buy back 47 million shares.
The 36 million shares Apple bought back in the June quarter at an average of $444 per share would now cost an additional $3.2 billion to acquire again at the current price.
On Topic: Investor
- Apple exec Eddy Cue nets $59M in vested company stock
- Shares of AAPL surge as hype builds for Friday's iPhone 7, Apple Watch Series 2 launches
- Feds, lobbyists draw battle lines over Apple's EU $14.5B tax bill
- Tim Cook sells off another $29M in Apple stock
- EU-imposed Apple Irish tax bill could exceed $21.2B if appeal process fails