Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 03:24 pm PT (06:24 pm ET)
Apple, Inc. stock closes at $533, highest point since start of 2013Apple stock closed up nearly 2 percent today, reaching $533.40 for the highest close since the first days of January.
The company's stock is now up slightly from the beginning of 2013 for the first time since plunging $100 per share in January and remaining in the low $400s throughout most of the spring and summer.
Apple took advantage of its acutely low stock price in a buyback program that floated a bond offering to buy back 47 million shares.
The 36 million shares Apple bought back in the June quarter at an average of $444 per share would now cost an additional $3.2 billion to acquire again at the current price.
On Topic: Investor
- Shares of Apple end week at all-time high with 'iPhone 6' & 'iWatch' hype at fever pitch
- As overall retail revenue declines, Apple Stores carry on original goal of growing Mac hardware sales
- Shares of Apple reach highest-ever closing price as 'iPhone 6' & 'iWatch' hype builds
- Shares of Apple hit $100 as Morgan Stanley provides strong endorsement to investors
- Apple's gross margins likely to decline this fall with new product designs, but quick rebound expected