Apple, Inc. stock closes at $533, highest point since start of 2013Apple stock closed up nearly 2 percent today, reaching $533.40 for the highest close since the first days of January.
The company's stock is now up slightly from the beginning of 2013 for the first time since plunging $100 per share in January and remaining in the low $400s throughout most of the spring and summer.
Apple took advantage of its acutely low stock price in a buyback program that floated a bond offering to buy back 47 million shares.
The 36 million shares Apple bought back in the June quarter at an average of $444 per share would now cost an additional $3.2 billion to acquire again at the current price.
On Topic: Investor
- Cowen bullish on Apple's Q4 results, sees iPhone ASP growing to $606
- Apple executives awarded stock bonus worth up to $25M
- Apple's iPhone 7 predicted to spur 8% growth, 2017 redesign seen causing 16% sales spike
- End of Galaxy Note 7 predicted to help Apple, but 'big beneficiaries' could be other Android devices
- Appealing upsell of iPhone 7 Plus predicted to help Apple's average selling price exceed expectations