Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 03:24 pm PT (06:24 pm ET)
Apple, Inc. stock closes at $533, highest point since start of 2013Apple stock closed up nearly 2 percent today, reaching $533.40 for the highest close since the first days of January.
The company's stock is now up slightly from the beginning of 2013 for the first time since plunging $100 per share in January and remaining in the low $400s throughout most of the spring and summer.
Apple took advantage of its acutely low stock price in a buyback program that floated a bond offering to buy back 47 million shares.
The 36 million shares Apple bought back in the June quarter at an average of $444 per share would now cost an additional $3.2 billion to acquire again at the current price.
On Topic: Investor
- Apple Inc. surprises with massive $17 billion Q4 stock buyback
- Wall Street blown away by Apple's 'remarkable' record September quarter
- Apple may not break out Apple Watch, iPod and retail sales starting Q1 2015
- Notes of interest from Apple's Q4 2014 conference call
- Apple sells 5.5M Macs in Q3 2014, destroys previous record without major product changes