Apple, Inc. stock closes at $533, highest point since start of 2013Apple stock closed up nearly 2 percent today, reaching $533.40 for the highest close since the first days of January.
The company's stock is now up slightly from the beginning of 2013 for the first time since plunging $100 per share in January and remaining in the low $400s throughout most of the spring and summer.
Apple took advantage of its acutely low stock price in a buyback program that floated a bond offering to buy back 47 million shares.
The 36 million shares Apple bought back in the June quarter at an average of $444 per share would now cost an additional $3.2 billion to acquire again at the current price.
On Topic: Investor
- Apple's iPhone falls from 3rd to 5th in China smartphone marketshare
- Apple reaps $7 billion after finalizing latest bond sale
- Apple preparing $7 billion U.S. bond sale to support stock buyback program
- Apple boosts R&D spending as revenues stabilize
- Wall Street breathes a sigh of relief after Apple's better-than-feared June quarter