Apple seeds latest OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks beta to developersAs part of its weekly beta update schedule, Apple on Monday seeded the seventh OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks beta to developers.
The latest beta build 13C62 brings no substantial changes compared to the previous release, say sources familiar with the upcoming maintenance update. As with the last four versions, Apple asks developers to focus on Mail, Messages and Graphics Drivers.
From the last build, detailed focus areas include Mail, Messages, Graphics Drivers, VoiceOver, VPN and SMB2. Mavericks' messaging functions, especially Mail, have been the source of consternation since the OS first launched in October. Users have complained of spotty Gmail compatibility and erratic Smart Mailbox behavior even after a subsequent standalone patch was released. The problem was supposedly addressed in the OS X 10.9.1 update, but issues still exist.
Developers can download the latest version of the upcoming Mavericks maintenance update via Software Update or Apple's developer portal.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Safari 10 brings fast, native App Extensions to the macOS browser, web content
- Inside APFS: new Apple File System detailed at WWDC to replace HFS+ in 2017
- Apple releases Safari 10 beta for OS X El Capitan and OS X Yosemite
- E3 2016: 'Block'hood' represents the Mac at console-dominated gaming show
- Inside Sierra: How Apple Watch 'Auto Unlock' will let you jump straight into macOS