Monday, February 17, 2014, 01:42 pm PT (04:42 pm ET)
Apple seeds latest OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks beta to developersAs part of its weekly beta update schedule, Apple on Monday seeded the seventh OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks beta to developers.
The latest beta build 13C62 brings no substantial changes compared to the previous release, say sources familiar with the upcoming maintenance update. As with the last four versions, Apple asks developers to focus on Mail, Messages and Graphics Drivers.
From the last build, detailed focus areas include Mail, Messages, Graphics Drivers, VoiceOver, VPN and SMB2. Mavericks' messaging functions, especially Mail, have been the source of consternation since the OS first launched in October. Users have complained of spotty Gmail compatibility and erratic Smart Mailbox behavior even after a subsequent standalone patch was released. The problem was supposedly addressed in the OS X 10.9.1 update, but issues still exist.
Developers can download the latest version of the upcoming Mavericks maintenance update via Software Update or Apple's developer portal.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple, Inc's double digit U.S. Mac growth contradicts IDC & Gartner reports of a Mac sales slump
- Public beta launch nearly doubles OS X 10.10 Yosemite adoption despite download issues
- Apple makes first OS X Yosemite public beta available on the Mac App Store
- Apple issues new Safari betas for OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion with minor changes
- Apple to release first public beta of OS X Yosemite on Thursday