Apple seeds latest OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks beta to developersAs part of its weekly beta update schedule, Apple on Monday seeded the seventh OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks beta to developers.
The latest beta build 13C62 brings no substantial changes compared to the previous release, say sources familiar with the upcoming maintenance update. As with the last four versions, Apple asks developers to focus on Mail, Messages and Graphics Drivers.
From the last build, detailed focus areas include Mail, Messages, Graphics Drivers, VoiceOver, VPN and SMB2. Mavericks' messaging functions, especially Mail, have been the source of consternation since the OS first launched in October. Users have complained of spotty Gmail compatibility and erratic Smart Mailbox behavior even after a subsequent standalone patch was released. The problem was supposedly addressed in the OS X 10.9.1 update, but issues still exist.
Developers can download the latest version of the upcoming Mavericks maintenance update via Software Update or Apple's developer portal.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple updates iMovie for Mac with enhanced YouTube sharing, fix for random crashes
- Apple issues fix for iMac JPEG crashes, updates TestFlight with WatchKit support
- If you want Beats Music on your Mac, skip the Web client and install the Beats Android app
- First look: Adobe Lightroom CC with HDR and panoramic photo merging, facial recognition, more
- Apple seeds first OS X 10.10.4 beta to developers for testing