We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
Apple updates OS X Server with improvements to Calendar, Messages, and ProfilesApple on Tuesday pushed a new version of its Server suite for OS X Mavericks with a number of stability improvements and enhancements for the Calendar Server, Messages Server, and Profile Manager.
Small businesses and schools that use the software's collaboration functionality will find changes to Calendar Server that Apple says improve the importing of events, event invitations, and group scheduling. Messages Server, meanwhile, received a modest stability update for those using its Chat Rooms feature.
Profile Manager was given the most attention, with Apple fixing an issue affecting the deployment of profiles containing variables in environments where code signing is enabled. The application is also said to be more reliable when sending invitations to enroll devices in Apple's Volume Purchase Program.
Additionally, Profile Manager can now more reliably handle Device Enrollment Program systems with long, descriptive names.
Existing users can update to OS X Server version 3.1.2 through the Mac App Store. For others, the suite is a $19.99, 179-megabyte download.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- New macOS Sierra 10.12.1 betas available to developers & public
- Troubleshooting macOS Sierra: FileMaker, Logitech and Razer devices, 4k display issues [u]
- Inside iOS 10: Examining the new smart Photos features
- Troubleshooting macOS Sierra: Wired networking, ScanSnap, Bluetooth
- Apple updates iWork for Mac, adding real-time collaboration beta to Pages, Numbers & Keynote