Apple announces 2014 Apple Design Award winners, Threes and Monument Valley among selectedAfter the WWDC keynote wrapped up on Monday, Apple announced the winners of its annual Apple Design Awards that recognizes the most innovative and technically superior OS X and iOS apps of the year.
In a ceremony at Moscone West, awards were handed out for iPhone, iPad and Mac apps that "raise the bar in design, technology, and innovation," with this year's list including 12 apps across both OS X and iOS.
2014 Apple Design Award winners:
- Threes by Sirvo
- Device 6 by Simogo
- Monument Valley by ustwo
- Storehouse —Visual Storytelling by Storehouse
- Leo's Fortune by 1337 & Senri
- Sky Guide by Fifth Star Labs LLC
- Yahoo News Digest by Yahoo
- PanoPerfect by HalfPeeled
- Teachley: Addimal Adventure by Teachley
Along with a trophy, winners of the prestigious award received a copy of nearly every device Apple makes, including a Mac Pro, iPad, iPhone and more.
On Topic: WWDC
- Inside APFS: new Apple File System detailed at WWDC to replace HFS+ in 2017
- Apple's new Swift Playgrounds for iPad is a killer app for teaching code
- Apple invites deaf, blind advocate Haben Girma to address developers on accessibility at WWDC16
- Apple to host pop-punk band Good Charlotte at its WWDC16 Bash
- AppleInsider is live at WWDC 2016 - get all the breaking news as it happens