Apple announces 2014 Apple Design Award winners, Threes and Monument Valley among selectedAfter the WWDC keynote wrapped up on Monday, Apple announced the winners of its annual Apple Design Awards that recognizes the most innovative and technically superior OS X and iOS apps of the year.
In a ceremony at Moscone West, awards were handed out for iPhone, iPad and Mac apps that "raise the bar in design, technology, and innovation," with this year's list including 12 apps across both OS X and iOS.
2014 Apple Design Award winners:
- Threes by Sirvo
- Device 6 by Simogo
- Monument Valley by ustwo
- Storehouse — Visual Storytelling by Storehouse
- Leo's Fortune by 1337 & Senri
- Sky Guide by Fifth Star Labs LLC
- Yahoo News Digest by Yahoo
- PanoPerfect by HalfPeeled
- Teachley: Addimal Adventure by Teachley
Along with a trophy, winners of the prestigious award received a copy of nearly every device Apple makes, including a Mac Pro, iPad, iPhone and more.
On Topic: WWDC
- Moscone Center calendar of events suggests Apple's WWDC 2015 coming June 8-12
- New York Times seeks to profile Tim Cook after getting shut out by Apple
- Apple's 200 student WWDC attendees 'super excited' about the future of tech
- Craig Federighi kicks off Apple's WWDC 2014 Bash featuring Bastille
- Apple, Inc. opens up access to its WWDC developer utopia