AT&T offers buy-one-get-one-free on iPhone 6s as Apple Watch hits Wal-MartAT&T on Friday launched a new "Buy One Get One Free" promotion for premium smartphones, including the iPhone 6s. Meanwhile, Wal-Mart became the latest retailer to begin selling the Apple Watch.
A visit to the AT&T promotional webpage lists Samsung devices as eligible for a "buy one, get one free" promotion, though a call to local AT&T store confirmed the promotion applies to the iPhone 6s as well.
The deal requires customers to purchase a new iPhone 6s via the AT&T Next financing program. Customers will then receive a credit of $650, the cost of a new 16 GB iPhone 6s, spread over the life of the Next financing installments. Customers are responsible for taxes and service fees.
Customers can apply the credit to a higher capacity iPhone 6s or the iPhone 6s plus, but must pay the difference in cost.
Also on Friday, the world's largest retailer Wal-Mart began selling the Apple Watch online and at select brick-and-mortar locations, carrying the sport edition of the watch and various accessories. Wal-Mart joins Target and Best Buy as the latest large retailer to carry the device.
Wal-Mart currently carries the 38mm and 42mm of the sport version of the watch, in silver and space gray. It is also carrying sport bands and the magnetic charging cable.
Unlike Best Buy and Target, Wal-Mart is not offering any discounts on the watch. Best Buy is currently offering $100 off all models and sizes of the device , while Target offered a $100 gift card with purchase of the watch on Black Friday.
On Topic: iPhone
- Sources: iPhone 6 series 'touch disease' now accounting for about 11% of Apple Store repairs
- 'iPhone 7' production affected by low yields on waterproof speaker, dual camera - report
- Intel plots attack on Apple's partnership with TSMC, looks to build A-series chips by 2018
- Apple again rumored to axe iPhone home button in 2017
- Apple to integrate Japan's FeliCa tap-to-pay standard in next-gen iPhone, report says