We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
Apple's biggest Florida store coming to Brickell City Centre in MiamiApple's largest-ever Florida outlet will debut within Brickell City Centre, a new open-air shopping mall launching in Miami this fall, according to reports.
Image Credit: The Real Deal
Little else is known about Apple's plans, but the Centre as a whole will span 500,000 square feet and feature over 70 stores and restaurants, plus a hotel, two condominium towers, and two office buildings, The Real Deal indicated. The retail area will be cooled not by air conditioning but by a 1,000-foot "climate ribbon," designed to block rain while concentrating breezes.
Luxury retailers will reportedly be based on the first floor, with "premium" and "contemporary" merchants situated on second and third floors. The new Apple Store could potentially sit on the first, since Apple often positions itself as a luxury brand, especially when building out its retail chain. New locations are often deliberately situated in luxury shopping districts.
Apple already has several other shops in the Miami area, such as its Dadeland and The Falls locations, and one on Lincoln Road in Miami Beach.
The Brickell store could theoretically open in time to launch next-generation iPhones, assuming Apple keeps to its usual September window. At the very least it should be in a position to help the company's holiday sales.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook to headline Sen. Orrin Hatch's Utah Tech Tour on Friday
- Spotify reportedly engaging SoundCloud in advanced buyout negotiations
- Apple partners with leading business service provider Deloitte for enterprise IT
- Second man pleads gulity in 'Celebgate' hacks of iCloud & Gmail accounts
- Apple to house 1,400 employees at London's restored Battersea Power Station starting in 2021