Apple Configurator updated for iOS 7 with new features
Apple's mass iOS device management tool Apple Configurator was updated on Thursday with additional features and iOS 7 compatibility.
Apple Configurator version 1.4 brings the software up to date with the just released iOS 7, adding a number of features like AirDrop, AirPrint and modification of account settings, among others.
Large institutions, such as schools and businesses, can use the tool to prepare, configure and manage multiple iOS devices from a central Mac.
From the release notes:
- Support for new iOS 7 features and restrictions
- Allow modifying account settings
- Allow AirDrop
- Allow connecting supervised devices to any Mac
- Configure Web Content Filter
- Configure AirPlay mirroring destinations and passwords
- Configure AirPrint printers
- Configure Managed Open In
- Allow Control Center or Notification Center on lock screen
- Configure Limit Ad Tracking setting
- Install fonts
- Enroll multiple unsupervised devices in MDM without tapping each device using a new Setup tab in Prepare
- Complete setup assistant and enroll Apple TV in MDM without using the remote
- Improved UI for installing a single profile on unsupervised devices
Apple Configurator is a free 23.2MB download from the Mac App Store.