AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, your hosts discuss Apple's possible move to ARM and possibly a redesigned iMac at WWDC. Plus, we have our own wishlist for Apple's event, and the removal of podcast app Pocket Casts in China.
Rumors increasingly point to there being redesigned iMac unveiled at WWDC. It's said to feature "iPad Pro design language" and a T2 security chip. We never really know until Tim Cook steps out onto that now virtual stage, but this WWDC does look to heavily feature hardware.
Alongside the rumored iMac, there is the anticipated transition to ARM Macs. That, too, may be announced during Apple's Keynote on June 22.
Away from the upcoming WWDC, there's plenty of Apple news to discuss too, starting with Pocket Casts. At the request of the Chinese government, Apple removes this podcast app from the App Store. The Pocket Casts developers claim it may be a censorship issue but no details are known at this time.
Then Apple has confirmed that iBooks author will be discontinued this July, and the iTunes U program in 2021. Users can still create eBooks and publish to Apple's service from Pages.
Betas reveal several new features coming in iOS 13.6 including the ability to ad symptoms to the Health app, automatic installation of iOS updates, and the ability for Apple News to remember your reading place.
If you have questions you'd like answered on the show, tweet at Stephen Robles and William Gallagher, or email us here. Find us in your favorite podcast player by searching for "AppleInsider" and support the show by leaving a 5-Star rating and comment in Apple Podcasts here.
Links from the show
- Apple reportedly removes podcast app in China at request of government
- Apple to discontinue iBooks Author in July, plans the same for iTunes U in 2021
- iOS 13.6 adds symptoms to Health, unattended iOS update download toggle
- iOS 13.6 remembers where you left off in Apple News articles
- Apple to launch in-store Mac trade-in program in U.S., Canada
- Apple transition to own ARM chips in Macs rumored to start at WWDC
- iMac with 'iPad Pro design language' plus T2 chip could debut at WWDC
- What to expect at WWDC 2020 — and what not to
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]