On this week's AppleInsider Podcast, Apple updated its MagSafe Battery Pack with faster charging, four iPhone 14 models leak, child safety in messages expands to new countries, and we share our home screen setups.
A new firmware update to Apple's MagSafe Battery Pack has been released which increases its charging speed to 7.5W. The slight increase in charging rate is welcome, though it could take up to a week for the firmware to install. Consequently, we examine the several products in Apple's lineup that restrict users from manually updating their software.
YouTube creator Sara Dietschy gained special access to film Apple's iPhone recycling robot, Daisy. First announced in 2018, Daisy can disassemble 1.2 million iPhones per year to recycle their parts better. Daisy can remove iPhone screens and screws, but human workers are needed to separate individual pieces.
Next, rumors corroborate this year's iPhone 14 may include a 48MP rear camera, and analyst Ming-Chi Kuo now claims the front-facing camera will gain autofocus capability. Quick Review Lab also leaked an image of what purports to be iPhone 14 models, notably missing any mini-size model in the coming lineup.
As the broadcast video industry meets for its annual NAB conference, professional video users have separately signed a petition asking Apple to increase awareness of Final Cut Pro. They want Apple's help in promoting the use of the tool use in the film industry, and to make that possible, they also want Apple to add better collaboration tools. Finally, our hosts close the show by comparing their home screen setups and highlighting tips for customizing icons and widgets.
Contact our hosts
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts
Links from the show
- Interview with Shortcuts maven Matthew Cassinelli
- MagSafe Battery Pack now provides 7.5W charging after firmware update
- Leather Battery Cover for MagSafe | NOMAD
- New video shows Apple's iPhone recycling robot Daisy in action
- Apple adds Earth Day donations to trade-in and recycling program - Apple
- iPhone 14 could sport upgraded front cameras for selfies, FaceTime calls
- Four new iPhone 14 models show what to expect in the fall
- Apple expands feature that blurs iMessage nudity to UK, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia
- European politicians on the cusp of requiring USB-C in all smartphones
- Does Fast Charging ACTUALLY Ruin Your Battery? - YouTube
- Video editors demand Apple be more proactive about Final Cut Pro
- Stephen's Home Screen - Tweet
- Wes' Home Screen - Tweet
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.