Apple TV+ Wins Children's Emmy for "Who Are You, Charlie Brown?"
AppleInsider may earn an affiliate commission on purchases made through links on our site.
Apple TV+ has won at the first-annual Children's & Family Emmy Awards, with "Who Are You, Charlie Brown?" for Outstanding Non-Fiction Program.
The awards, which took place on Sunday, had Apple TV+ securing a single win across the seven categories it was nominated in. That winner was "Who Are You, Charlie Brown?," a documentary looking back at the history of the strip, as well as its creator, Charles M. Schultz.
The #ChildrensEmmys Award for Outstanding Non-Fiction Program goes to Who Are You, Charlie Brown? (@appletv). pic.twitter.com/TI2BwL7UEL— The Emmys (@TheEmmys) December 12, 2022
The category of Outstanding Non-Fiction Program put the Charlie Brown doc against "Hi I'm Sevy" from Magnolia Network, "Kids Baking Championship" for Food Network, "Nick News" by Nickelodeon, and for YouTube, "Sesame Street in Communities: Talking About Race."
The documentary wasn't just in one category, as it was also nominated for Outstanding Directing for a Single Camera Program, which ultimately went to Disney+'s "The Mysterious Benedict Society."
The other Apple TV+ nominees were:
- "Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock" was nominated for Outstanding Children's or Family Viewing Series
- "El Deafo" for Outstanding Special Class Animated Film
- "Helpsters" for Outstanding Preschool Series
- Jack McBrayer as Outstanding Host for "Hello Jack! The Kindness Show"
- Chris Diamontopoulos for Outstanding Guest Performance in Preschool, Children's or Young Teen Program for "Ghostwriter"
- Kyrie McAlpin of "Doug Unplugs" for Outstanding Younger Voice Performer in an Animated or Preschool Animated Program.