Belkin is stepping back from the Matter standard, ESR got a new Find My-enabled Geo Wallet & Stand, and there is much more news on the Homekit Insider podcast.
After previously committing to Matter, Belkin is now putting its rollout on hold. It has decided to reevaluate the standard as it looks for better ways to differentiate itself from others in the market — and that might not be a bad thing, either.
Meanwhile, ESR launched a crowdfunding campaign this week for its GEO Wallet & Stand. This MagSafe wallet connects magnetically to the back of your phone, can act as a stand, has a built-in grip, and works with Apple's Find My app.
Finally, this week we saw the last-generation Ecobee thermostats get updated with a new user interface and Home Widgets app announce a new feature for iOS 16.4.
We spent the last bit of the episode following up on some baby tech and answering a listener question on tips for a new smart home.
Links from the show
- Chipolo CARD Spot Wallet Finder
- Nanoleaf Release Limited Edition Cherry Blossom Hexagons
- Multi Feature Smart Outlet
- Belkin's smart home brand Wemo is backing away from Matter - The Verge
- Home Widget - for HomeKit
- ESR Geo Wallet review: The only Find My-enabled MagSafe wallet holds its own
- Best MagSafe Wallets for iPhone! ESR, Peak Design, Apple, & More! - YouTube
- UniFi Design Center
- Masonite's M-Pwr is the front door every smart home needs
- Nanit Pro Smart Baby Monitor Tracks Sleep and Breathing
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too. If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.