Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro officially come to iPad, hands-on with iPhone 15 and 15 Pro dummy models, AI's prominent role at Google I/O, and what it means for WWDC — all on the AppleInsider Podcast.
Apple officially announced that Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro are coming to the iPad on May 23 with a subscription model. Your hosts discuss how this might affect the Mac versions of the apps and what it means for the ill-fated Analyst941.
Andrew got to go hands-on with some dummy models of the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro. These tend to be highly accurate models used by case makers prior to mass production.
Google I/O was held and the phrase "AI" was used to describe most of the technologies on display at the event. While Wesley grows tired of this random and unspecific use of the buzzword, Stephen wonders what Apple will reveal during WWDC, if anything, to compete.
The podcast concludes with more thoughts on idealizing photos with algorithms, Google calling out Apple on RCS, and how meh foldables feel after years of hype.
How to contact the AppleInsider Podcast hosts
Links from the show
- Inception Trailer A Capella Re-Dub - YouTube
- Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro coming to iPad on May 23
- Apple seeds release candidates of iOS 16.5 and iPadOS 16.5
- iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro: Design, screen size, announcement date
- Apple Watch Series 9 could get new chip and be much faster
- Apple updates Shazam to integrate Apple Music Classical
- Severance' production halted due to writers' strike
- Canceled Apple TV+ shows
- AI' was mentioned over 100 times during Google I/O
- Google keeps trying to hammer on Apple for not adopting RCS
- Google unveils the Pixel Fold, it's first folding smartphone
- Google unveils the Pixel Tablet for $499 at its annual keynote
- iPhone vs Android: Two different photography and machine learning approaches
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.