iPad mini LTE models set to ship in five daysApple is notifying users that the new iPad mini with support for 3G/4G LTE networks will begin shipping in five days, and has posted new iOS 6.0.1 builds for the iPad mini and iPad 4.
Apple began delivering WiFi only iPad mini models around the first of November, after immediately selling out its initial inventory.
Three days ago, the company reported sales of three million new iPad mini and iPad 4 units over the first three day weekend of sales, but that only included WiFi models.
Mobile data versions of the two new iPads were expected to begin shipping in "a few weeks," but Apple's recent email updates forwarded by multiple AppleInsider readers state that initial shipments will begin in five business days, or late next week.
Apple has also make available four new iOS 6.0.1 firmware downloads available to support the new models today, which include two versions (GSM and CDMA) of both the LTE iPad mini and iPad 4.
On Topic: iPad
- Winners of the WaterField Designs MacBook bag giveaway announced [Carl J. and Tyler D.]
- Adonit ships new Pixel stylus to compete with Apple Pencil
- IDC: $200-350 Chromebooks shipped 37% more U.S. units in Q1 vs Apple's $1,200 MacBooks
- Deals: iMac 5K for $1,499, 38mm "Apple Watch" for $399 plus free stand, iPad Air for $270
- Apple, Maine Department of Education working to swap 'toy' iPads for MacBooks