iPad mini LTE models set to ship in five daysApple is notifying users that the new iPad mini with support for 3G/4G LTE networks will begin shipping in five days, and has posted new iOS 6.0.1 builds for the iPad mini and iPad 4.
Apple began delivering WiFi only iPad mini models around the first of November, after immediately selling out its initial inventory.
Three days ago, the company reported sales of three million new iPad mini and iPad 4 units over the first three day weekend of sales, but that only included WiFi models.
Mobile data versions of the two new iPads were expected to begin shipping in "a few weeks," but Apple's recent email updates forwarded by multiple AppleInsider readers state that initial shipments will begin in five business days, or late next week.
Apple has also make available four new iOS 6.0.1 firmware downloads available to support the new models today, which include two versions (GSM and CDMA) of both the LTE iPad mini and iPad 4.
On Topic: iPad
- Killer Deals: Apple's 64GB iPad Air Wi-Fi + 4G LTE for $399; $400 off MacBook Pro; $319 off iMac 5K
- Apple's iPad loses ground to generic tablets in 2014, report says
- Google launches new YouTube Kids app on Apple's iOS
- Apple's Oscars ad shot entirely on iPad Air 2, features voiceover by Martin Scorsese
- YouTube to launch kid-friendly app exclusively on Android, ahead of Apple's iOS