Apple fixes bugs with updates to Final Cut Pro X, Motion, CompressorApple on Thursday issued updates for three of its applications geared toward video professionals: Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, and Compressor 4.
The updates for all three applications are now available to download on the Mac App Store. The full list of changes for each follows:
Final Cut Pro X
Version 10.0.7 reportedly improves overall stability, performance, and compatibility. The full list of changes, according to Apple, are:
- The Letterbox effect "Offset" slider has been restored.
- Fixes an issue when creating a single layer DVD
- Fixes an issue where some third-party effects could cause Final Cut Pro to hang during background rendering
- Fixes an issue where some third-party transitions would incorrectly use black instead of source media
- Adds support for editing MXF files that are still ingesting
- Fixes an issue rendering Motion Templates containing Image Units
Final Cut Pro X (App Store link) is available on the Mac App Store for $299.99.
Motion was updated to version 5.0.6, an update that also reportedly improves stability and performance. Apple's specific fixes are:
- Fixes an issue where IMage Units were removed when a project was saved
- Fixes issues when working with multiple documents on dual displays
Motion 5 (App Store link) is available for purchase on the Mac App Store for $49.99.
Finally, Apple also said it improved the overall stability, performance and compatibility of Compressor with version 4.0.6. Apple listed one change for the update:
- Fixes an issue with the upload of clips greater than 1 GB to Vimeo
Compressor 4 (App Store link) is available for $49.99 on the Mac App Store.