Wednesday, October 09, 2013, 05:44 am PT (08:44 am ET)
Apple's iPhone 5s & 5c set to launch in more than 50 new locales by Nov. 1A total of 35 new countries and territories including Italy, Russia and Spain will gain access to Apple's latest iPhones on Oct. 25, while 16 more will see the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c debut on Nov. 1.
Apple announced expanded international availability of the new iPhones on Wednesday, bringing the devices to a total of 51 new locales by the start of November. The full list of countries set to receive the handsets on Oct. 25 are:
- Czech Republic
- French West Indies
- New Zealand
- Reunion Island
- South Korea
Following that, Apple's Nov. 1 launch will bring the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c to the following additional locations:
- El Salvador
- Saudi Arabia
When both new iPhones first went on sale last month, they were available in a total of 11 countries: The U.S., Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore and the U.K. This year's iPhone launch marked the first time Apple made its new handsets available in China on day one.
Though the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c were available in more countries on launch day, Apple's rollout schedule for 2013 has not been as aggressive as the company was last year for the debut of the iPhone 5. Many of the countries set to receive the new iPhones by Nov. 1 had access to the iPhone 5 by the end of September last year.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple reportedly in talks with Nordstrom over mobile payment partnership
- Leak reveals Sony's next iPhone-connected camera lens will feature swappable E-Mount, pop-up flash
- Microsoft, HTC use Windows Phone's Cortana to poke fun at Apple's iPhone in new ad
- Photos purport to show 2915 mAh battery for 5.5" 'iPhone 6,' twice the capacity of Apple's iPhone 5s
- Rear shell for 5.5" 'iPhone 6' allegedly shown, measured in new video