Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 05:18 pm PT (08:18 pm ET)
Steve Jobs biopic 'Jobs' now available to purchase and rent on iTunesAshton Kutcher vehicle "Jobs" has landed in virtual and brick-and-mortar stores across the U.S., including options to buy or rent the movie on Apple's iTunes.
After debuting as the Sundance Festival's closing night selection and seeing wide release in August, Steve Jobs biopic "Jobs" is now available to purchase on the web and in stores.
While the film received lackluster reviews and made a poor showing on its opening weekend, "Jobs" is the first feature-length title to take on the life of Apple cofounder Steve Jobs. Ashton Kutcher plays the title role and is backed up by Josh Gad as Steve Wozniak, Dermot Mulroney, Lukas Haas, J.K. Simmons, Matthew Modine and James Woods.
The movie spans a large chunk of Jobs' life, running from the founding of Apple to the introduction of the iPod.
A big-budget Jobs film is currently in the works and is being penned by Oscar-winning screenwriter Aaron Sorkin. That film is said to play in three major "scenes" comprised entirely of backstage moments just before the unveiling of the original Mac, NeXT computer, and the iPod.
An HD version of "Jobs" can be downloaded from iTunes for $19.99, while standard definition comes in at $14.99. Rentals are also available in HD and SD for $4.99 and $3.99, respectively.
Aside from iTunes, "Jobs" is for sale on Amazon in both digital and DVD formats.
On Topic: General
- Apple's Rockstar patent consortium denied request to transfer Google suit to Texas
- Speculation increases over Angela Ahrendts's start date as head of Apple Retail
- Apple's gesture-based unlocking tech channels Android's pattern lock screen
- G-Technology to ship Thunderbolt 2 'Studio Series' RAID arrays in mid-May, up to 24TB
- LaCie reveals year-long security breach at online store