Walmart to cut $72 off iPhone 5c and 5s pricing in holiday saleIn a two-week holiday sale that starts this Friday, Walmart will be offering a substantial $72 discount on Apple's iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s when purchased with a two-year wireless agreement.
According to The Los Angeles Times, Walmart is planning to slash pricing on the 16GB iPhone 5c and 5s as part of its holiday promotion, resulting in some of the lowest prices currently available.
The largest discount by percentage of off retail will be the iPhone 5c, which is set to drop from $99 to only $27 with a two-year contract from AT&T or Verizon. Apple's flagship iPhone 5s will also see a $72 discount, dropping from $199 to $127.
In addition to the two iPhone models, Walmart said a range of other Apple products will also get special pricing, including $30 iTunes gift cards, which will sell for $25. The retailer is also giving out a $50 gift card with the purchase of a 16GB non-Retina iPad mini.
Also on Friday, Walmart is expected to start sales of contract-free iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c models, to be available through wireless carriers Straight Talk Wireless and NET10 Wireless.
Walmart's holiday sale is set to go live on Friday at 8 a.m. local time, and will run through Dec. 24 or while supplies last.
On Topic: iPhone
- China beats iOS App Store records in Sept. quarter with $1.7B in revenue
- Apple's website leaks hints of impending Apple Pay support in Germany
- iPhone 7 made up 43% of Apple's US iPhone sales in Q3, data says
- Qualcomm's iPhone 7 Plus modem beats Intel modem in areas with weak signal
- Apple's iPhone leads in JD Power satisfaction survey of US carrier customers